Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Include in Report Refresh Without Loading to Report

Hi, 

Is there any way to include a Query in the Report Refresh without loading the resulting dataset to the Report? At the moment when I go to the Properties of a Query it has the option to Load to Report without the Refresh but not the other way around. My thought here is that I want to have "Raw Data" tables which are updated when I click the Refresh button but I dont want them to appear in the Report Editor Fields pane, they should just exist as backend tables. They would have manipulated tables based on them which would be what I want to have exposed.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you deselect the option Enable Load on the query editor the table will not be uploaded to the report however when you make the refresh the table will be refresh, if you have all the raw data being convert to other table then this is a good option for not showing unnecessary tables to your report.

If you need to have the RAW DATA tables to make DAX calculations or similar another option is on the report rigth click on the table you want and the Hide option this will take out the table from the visualization on the report but you can use it on measure and so on, they will be seen on the Data and Model view but greyd out.

Regards,

MFelix 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you deselect the option Enable Load on the query editor the table will not be uploaded to the report however when you make the refresh the table will be refresh, if you have all the raw data being convert to other table then this is a good option for not showing unnecessary tables to your report.

If you need to have the RAW DATA tables to make DAX calculations or similar another option is on the report rigth click on the table you want and the Hide option this will take out the table from the visualization on the report but you can use it on measure and so on, they will be seen on the Data and Model view but greyd out.

Regards,

MFelix 

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MFelix 

I dont know about the first option, but right click to hide is just the ticket I was looking for. 

Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.