Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Include in Report Refresh - Duplicated Tables

I have a question about the 'include in report refresh' option. I have a dashboard that has about 10 tables that are duplicated from a single table. Every time i open the query editor it takes forever to refresh because of the duplication and other steps that IMO are unnecessary. I understand that the best way to fix this issue is optimise the data model and eliminate as many duplicate models as possible. But as a short term fix, if i disable 'include in report refresh' option, will it help? Also, will it ensure that the duplicated tables will still get refreshed? Additionally, are there other short-term fixes that I can use to speed up the refresh time & maybe slightly improve performance?

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , How you duplicated will decide that. If complete code from source is copied then they will work like independent table

Also, You can consider creating a data flow, and use part of that flow as separate tables as per need.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors