Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

meetrachhadia9
Regular Visitor

Inaccuate total of the measure

Hey everyone!

I am using an if statement for calculating my measure. The statement is :

"

Claimed Amount = IF(
[Net Shipping Cost]>0, 'TotalShip&Scrap'[Scrap Cost running total in Transaction Date (months)],
'TotalShip&Scrap'[Scrap Cost running total in Transaction Date (months)] + ABS([Net Shipping Cost]))
"

The total for this measure should be 2M but in Power BI it is showing as 1.7M. When I export the table to excel with item numbers, it shows the accurate total of 2M.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I read about using HASONEFILTER but I am not sure how to use that in my case.
3 REPLIES 3
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@meetrachhadia9 

Usually measure total is kind of different, please check this 2 blogs for detail.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

Can you show us how is visual looks like? It would be best if you can provide a sample pbix.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

screenshot.png

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@meetrachhadia9 how you are visualizing the data? What column is on the rows?

Try adding new measure like this and then use this new measure

New Measure = 
SUMX ( VALUES ( Table[ColumnonRows] ), [Your Existing if condition measure] )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.