Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Inaccuate total of the measure

Hey everyone!

I am using an if statement for calculating my measure. The statement is :

"

Claimed Amount = IF(
[Net Shipping Cost]>0, 'TotalShip&Scrap'[Scrap Cost running total in Transaction Date (months)],
'TotalShip&Scrap'[Scrap Cost running total in Transaction Date (months)] + ABS([Net Shipping Cost]))
"

The total for this measure should be 2M but in Power BI it is showing as 1.7M. When I export the table to excel with item numbers, it shows the accurate total of 2M.

Does anyone know how to fix this? I read about using HASONEFILTER but I am not sure how to use that in my case.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Inaccuate total of the measure

@meetrachhadia9 how you are visualizing the data? What column is on the rows?

Try adding new measure like this and then use this new measure

New Measure = 
SUMX ( VALUES ( Table[ColumnonRows] ), [Your Existing if condition measure] )

I would  Kudos if my solution helped. 👉 If you can spend time posting the question, you can also make efforts to give Kudos whoever helped to solve your problem. It is a token of appreciation!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution.

Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Highlighted
Microsoft
Microsoft

@meetrachhadia9 

Usually measure total is kind of different, please check this 2 blogs for detail.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/DAX-Commands-and-Tips/Dealing-with-Measure-Totals/td-p/63376

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/Measure-Totals-The-Final-Word/m-p/547907

Can you show us how is visual looks like? It would be best if you can provide a sample pbix.

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

screenshot.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors