Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alsk1

In which section of the Power BI file, see the gateway code?

Hello.
From the Power BI web cabinet, I downloaded the Power BI report in which the gateway was configured (retrieving data from the MySQL database).
Question: In which section of the Power BI file, see the gateway code?
I want to copy this gateway and reconfigure for another MySQL database.

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@alsk1

What you download from Power BI Service is just the report file (.pbix). It will not include Gateway information.

In your scenario, if this "another" MySQL database is located on same on-premise machine. You just need to add the data source on Power BI Service. 

Capture.PNG

If that MySQL database is hosted on another machine, you need to install a new on-premise gateway on that machine. Then also add data source under new installed Gateway on Power BI Service. 

Regards,

Thanks for the answer.

> What you download from Power BI Service is just the report file (.pbix). It will not include Gateway information.

Do I understand correctly that in order to view the already configured gateway, I need to ask (our programmer who created it) the original Power BI file (from which the report was downloaded to the web-cabinet Power BI)?
I just need the gateway code, so that in the new file Power BI, reconfigure the gateway to another MySQL database.

Hello.
From the Power BI web cabinet, I downloaded the Power BI report in which the gateway was configured (retrieving data from the MySQL database).
Question: In which section of the Power BI file, see the gateway code?
I want to copy this gateway and reconfigure for another MySQL database.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.