Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

todea
Helper I
Helper I

In PowerBI is there a way to show the Data source used in the report e.g. DEV or PROD

Hi team,

We have 4 DW environments, Dev, Test, UAT & Prod. I have built a data quality report in PowerBI and I can change data source between the 4 environments to look for data anomalies. Is there is a way to show on the PowerBI report, which data source I have connected to e.g. Dev or Test or UAT or Prod? I know I can see this by going to Data Source Settings but I would prefer a visual powerbi indicator that would just parse the name of the data source I have currently connected to. Alternately is there a way to use colours to demonstrate which data source a report is using e.g. a red banner for DEV, green for PROD etc.

With thanks,
Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@todea

You can try custom visual - Long Text Viewer. Please refer to thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Display-Query-Parameter-Values-as-a-Label-on-a-Report/td-p/...

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@todea

You can try custom visual - Long Text Viewer. Please refer to thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Display-Query-Parameter-Values-as-a-Label-on-a-Report/td-p/...

Regards,

Thanks Simon_Hou-MSFT apologies for my slow response. I'm a PM so not the most tech savvy and will get some help from a colleague to give this a try. Much appreciated. Tim

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.