cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
todea Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

In PowerBI is there a way to show the Data source used in the report e.g. DEV or PROD

Hi team,

We have 4 DW environments, Dev, Test, UAT & Prod. I have built a data quality report in PowerBI and I can change data source between the 4 environments to look for data anomalies. Is there is a way to show on the PowerBI report, which data source I have connected to e.g. Dev or Test or UAT or Prod? I know I can see this by going to Data Source Settings but I would prefer a visual powerbi indicator that would just parse the name of the data source I have currently connected to. Alternately is there a way to use colours to demonstrate which data source a report is using e.g. a red banner for DEV, green for PROD etc.

With thanks,
Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: In PowerBI is there a way to show the Data source used in the report e.g. DEV or PROD

@todea

You can try custom visual - Long Text Viewer. Please refer to thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Display-Query-Parameter-Values-as-a-Label-on-a-Report/td-p/...

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Moderator v-sihou-msft

Re: In PowerBI is there a way to show the Data source used in the report e.g. DEV or PROD

@todea

You can try custom visual - Long Text Viewer. Please refer to thread below:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Display-Query-Parameter-Values-as-a-Label-on-a-Report/td-p/...

Regards,

View solution in original post

todea Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Thanks Simon_Hou-MSFT apologies for my slow response. I'm a PM so not the most tech savvy and will get some help from a colleague to give this a try. Much appreciated. Tim

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Kudos Received Badges Coming

New Kudos Received Badges Coming

Kudos to you if you earned one of these! Check your inbox for a notification.

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Microsoft Implementation for Communities Wins Award

Learn about the award-winning innovation that was implemented across Microsoft’s Business Applications Communities.

Power Platform World Tour

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (1,125)