Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dave_adlard
Frequent Visitor

In DATEDIFF function the start date cannot be greatert than the end date

This is tipping me over the edge. I have an excel spreadsheet that I have imported into Power BI.

I have filtered the result so only 3 records appear.

The next review date are the 9th, 12th and 12th again of March 2018 and the exposure start daes are  1st April 2018.

My new colum is

Days Betwn = DATEDIFF(

(DATEVALUE(Sheet1[Next Review Date])),
(DATEVALUE(Sheet1[Exposure Start Date]))
,DAY)

and I am hit with the error In DATEDIFF function the start date cannot be greatert than the end date

Which is obviously not the case. I have edited the query so the value are dates only or date/time and I still get the same error.

Any help would be appreciated.

Do I need to create it as a measure opposed to a column?

Please help?

1 REPLY 1
jthomson
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I'm confused as to what you're doing - you say you've converted the values to dates/datetime, but you're using the datevalue function as if you're importing text-based values? Generally I'll just make a difference column in M and take one column from the other as I find that to be the easiest way about it, but for your function maybe try getting rid of the datevalue bit of the function and just reference the existing columns directly?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.