Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rbhattacharya
Helper I
Helper I

Improving Data Load time / Optimization features for PBIX File

Hello,

We have a 6MB PBIX file (Financial accounting dashboard) which consists of several complicated merged SQL views as data source. The dashboard is an exact replica of an excel sheet which has several matrix visuals overlapped on top of one another and filters on merged views. Because of large sized views and extensive merging, it often takes a lot of time to load the PBIX file (~ 10 minutes initial load time). Response is also considerably slow especially during peak hours. For user convenience, we cannot change the design i.e. seperate the SQL views or use any other visual apart from matrix.  We were wondering, if there is anything we can do to improved the loading time, overall performance of the file. Any out of the box optimization features PowerBI provides? Kindly suggest.

Regards,

RB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rbhattacharya I would see this is more of optimizing your SQL views? Also, are you using DQ or Import? if it is an import then I guess data load takes time when it refreshes, is it slow (if using import) when the user interacts with the report? If that is the case then you need to look into your model and table reelationships and also the DAX, and use a performance analyzer to understand which DAX is slow and start from there.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
parry2k
Super User
Super User

@rbhattacharya I would see this is more of optimizing your SQL views? Also, are you using DQ or Import? if it is an import then I guess data load takes time when it refreshes, is it slow (if using import) when the user interacts with the report? If that is the case then you need to look into your model and table reelationships and also the DAX, and use a performance analyzer to understand which DAX is slow and start from there.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.