Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AntoineOA
Frequent Visitor

Impossible to create an app

Hello, 

I'm trying to create my first app but I'm facing a problem. I'm doing all the differents steps to create it starting from my workspace where I am the admin but when I am clicking on Publish App nothing happens. Before to create the app, I'm trying to include the report in an app but I can't swich on the button. Any ideas here? Thanks

PS : I'm under a PPU trials. I'm not really sure of what it is but basically I have a Pro Licence. 
audience.PNG

powerbi.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
m13eam
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi - I understand that you are experiencing 2 issues:

1. Including content in the app. Unfortunately, this is a slightly misleading process. This is no longer controlled by the buttons in your screenshot. Instead, go to:
    • Create App in the top right (this button is renamed to "Update app" when your app is published)
    • Under (1) Setup, note whether "Install this app automatically" is checked
    • Go to (2) Content m13eam_0-1666110375390.png

• Use the "Add content" dropdown to choose the content you'd like to make available in the app
    • Go to (3) Audience
    • Hover over each item that appears on the left and toggle the visibility icon to state whether it is visible in that version of the app
    • Under "Manage Audience Access" on the right, add your users (defaults to include you as an admin)
    • Below that, select "Publish app" (or "Update app")
    • A hyperlink to the app should display
  2. Accessing the app. If the hyperlink from the last step above doesn't give you access to the app, choose "Apps" from the left hand side panel m13eam_1-1666110770070.png
    • From the steps above, if "Install this app automatically" was checked, you should see your app there
    • If "Install this app automatically" was not checked, go to "Get apps" in the top right
      • Search for your app name and select "Get it now"

I hope I've understood your query and the above helps!

Thanks,

Matt

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AntoineOA
Frequent Visitor

It worked perfectly! Thank you very much

m13eam
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi - I understand that you are experiencing 2 issues:

1. Including content in the app. Unfortunately, this is a slightly misleading process. This is no longer controlled by the buttons in your screenshot. Instead, go to:
    • Create App in the top right (this button is renamed to "Update app" when your app is published)
    • Under (1) Setup, note whether "Install this app automatically" is checked
    • Go to (2) Content m13eam_0-1666110375390.png

• Use the "Add content" dropdown to choose the content you'd like to make available in the app
    • Go to (3) Audience
    • Hover over each item that appears on the left and toggle the visibility icon to state whether it is visible in that version of the app
    • Under "Manage Audience Access" on the right, add your users (defaults to include you as an admin)
    • Below that, select "Publish app" (or "Update app")
    • A hyperlink to the app should display
  2. Accessing the app. If the hyperlink from the last step above doesn't give you access to the app, choose "Apps" from the left hand side panel m13eam_1-1666110770070.png
    • From the steps above, if "Install this app automatically" was checked, you should see your app there
    • If "Install this app automatically" was not checked, go to "Get apps" in the top right
      • Search for your app name and select "Get it now"

I hope I've understood your query and the above helps!

Thanks,

Matt

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors