Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing seaborn package PowerBI error

Hello everyone,

I am currently working on a python coded project and have entered the final stage, visualization. I want to do this visualization through PowerBI. The packages I work with are Pandas, Numpy, Matplotlib and Seaborn. Whenever I try to import the seaborn package while entering my script in PowerBI, i get the following error:

Details: "ADO.NET: Python script error.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "PythonScriptWrapper.PY", line 11, in <module>
import seaborn as sns
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'seaborn'

I have no difficulty importing the other packages whatsoever. Yes I did install the seaborn package with my anaconda prompt (pip install seaborn). Whenever I try to install this package i get the message: "Requirement already satisfied". My python home directory is redirected to my anaconda map so I think that can't be the problem either. Right now, im out of ideas so any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : Thanks, for your post. I'm having the same issue. Did you ever figure out how to use it? I already tried the things suggested in the post. I have pandas and seaborn in my script and both packages are located in the same place, but seaborn is not found. 

NRuecker_0-1614179068888.png

If you have it working, please let me know, which versions you are using. Thanks a lot!

V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 

As far as I know seaborn is supported. This is most likely a version problem, you may refer to the discussion in this post:

ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'seaborn' in Python IDE - Stack Overflow

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , I am assuming python is working with pandas. And only seaborn is not working

Try this once.

pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall seaborn

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I've tried what you said and the forced reinstall worked, but PowerBI still doesn't seem to find the seaborn package.

@Anonymous , I able to add import after running above.

I already have these

pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall matplotlib

pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall numpy
pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall pandas

pip install -c conda-forge mkl-service
conda activate

And I ran this

pip install --upgrade --force-reinstall seaborn

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.