Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Importing percentages (or decimals) from excel

Hello,

When importing percentages from Excel into Power BI, the number shows as either a 0 or 1. I have checked the Modeling tab (column is set to Data Type = Decimal Number, Format = Decimal Number, 2 Decimal Places). I have checked the Query Editor (column is set to Data Type = Decimal Number). I have checked the Excel sheet (column is set to Number with 2 Decimal Places). In Excel, the column contains 0.00, 0.25, 0.50, 0.75, and 1.00. 

Thanks in advance for your help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Importing percentages (or decimals) from excel

Hi @seaborne ,
Started with a fresh Excel Book, saved the numbers as a table,  closed the book, opened fresh PBI, Get Data, selected the table in the book, and opened a report. Seems to work fine. Then went back to the report and typed a 0 into field formatting, decimals. Do see a zero or one now.
dec123.PNG

dec12.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel
dec1.PNG

dec.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Importing percentages (or decimals) from excel

Hi @seaborne ,
Started with a fresh Excel Book, saved the numbers as a table,  closed the book, opened fresh PBI, Get Data, selected the table in the book, and opened a report. Seems to work fine. Then went back to the report and typed a 0 into field formatting, decimals. Do see a zero or one now.
dec123.PNG

dec12.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions.

If this solves your issues, please mark it as the solution, so that others can find it easily. Kudos are nice too.
Nathaniel
dec1.PNG

dec.PNG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors