Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BastiaanBrak
Helper IV
Helper IV

Importing older versions of custom visual (Radar chart)

Hi, I would like to use a previously released version of the Radar Chart in a report because I need the old implementation of the data labels, not the current one. 

However, after locally saving the 0.5.10 version from GitHub, then trying to load it into Power BI Desktop, it brings up the current version (1.3.1).

1. Is this expected behaviour? 

2. Does this mean we can't use previous versions of a Custom visual or are there ways round this?

Thanks, Bastiaan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @BastiaanBrak ,

You could reach out to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com(Power BI Custom Visuals Support) for more details.

Community Support Team _ Eads
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-eachen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BastiaanBrak ,

I downloaded the custom visual file and get the same issue. You can post your idea here, maybe it will be a feature of Power BI in the future.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Thanks for looking into this @v-eachen-msft. Just wondering, after posting my query I found this page on the Microsoft Power BI Blog re deprecation of older APIs for custom visuals. The "apiVersion" property in the pbiviz.json file is set to 1.3.0, could that possibly cause the issue?

Hi @BastiaanBrak ,

You could reach out to pbicvsupport@microsoft.com(Power BI Custom Visuals Support) for more details.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.