Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AadDijksman
Regular Visitor

Importing data from SSAS into PowerBI - error not enough memory

Dear community,

A lot is posted about this error on which SSAS is running out of memory when trying to import data from SSAS to Power BI. But nowhere I can find a quit good explanation and a proper solution to get this fixed?

My situation:

- Server with 150GB Storage and 12GB Memory (tried 24GB also, but same result),

- SQL Server 2016 with an Analysis Service (default memory settings: 65, 80, 0),

- the to be imported tables with no relations what soever, are less than 7MB in total,

- I try to import from PowerBI (May 2019) ,

- all 64bit,

- Error: OLE DB or ODBC error: [DataSource.error] AnalysisServices: The operation has been cancelled because there is not enough memory available for the application...

I tried a few things like tweaking settings in SSAS, increasing memory on serverlevel, but with no results.

How come that a very small piece of data (< 7MB) can not be loaded into PowerBI? Live connection gives no problem, but is the lesser alternative in this case.

Thanks for thinking along with this PowerBI newbee and kind regards,

Aad Dijksman

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AadDijksman ,

I would suggest you to create a support ticket here.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.