Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

insightful_fred
Frequent Visitor

Importing data from Quickbooks

In the reports section of Quickbooks, you could filter data through one of the filters provided at the top. 

We use this to find the balance for each day (From 'Day x' to 'Day x') and we'd like to automate this process with power bi. 

When I do import from QB, all I get is the current balance as of today. 

Is there any way to get the balance for a particular date?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@insightful_fred ,

To achieve this, you need to import the full data source from quickbooks. You can firstly export the data using QQube(A thrid party tool, see this thread) to database. Then connect to the database in power bi. So that you can create the report which can be modified manually, not like quickbooks online.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
EugeneLebedev
Helper III
Helper III

I have devleoped my own QBO connector that supports this functionality. You can filter all the accounting statements by accounting method (cash vs accrual) and also by date. It also has multiple benefits over the native connector:
- You can extract data from multiple QBO accounts and combine it together (relevant for owners of multiple businesses and accountants)
- All P&L data is combined in a single table. You can also drill down to transactions that make up value of every account, filter by day and see data on accrual vs cash basis. Same for Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, Account Receivables, Budget, etc. Here is more info about it: https://vidi-corp.com/how-to-connect-power-bi-to-quickbooks-online-reports/

I also have Power BI templates for all of the above

My email is eugene.lebedev@vidi-corp.com

v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@insightful_fred ,

To achieve this, you need to import the full data source from quickbooks. You can firstly export the data using QQube(A thrid party tool, see this thread) to database. Then connect to the database in power bi. So that you can create the report which can be modified manually, not like quickbooks online.

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.