Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Dnair
Frequent Visitor

Importing data from EXCEL with FORMULAS

Hello All,

I have a very unique problem importing few of the excel sheets from a sharepoint site. The formulas in the excel gives values in Sheet1 of the Workbook which I will use in PowerBI. Now these values appear as null. If I keep the Calculations to Manual they appear. If not, they don't. Please can someone help me to figure a way around this problem.

Thanks,

Deepa

@members

8 REPLIES 8
Dnair
Frequent Visitor

DataSource.NotFound: Excel Workbook: The 'Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0' provider is not registered on the local machine. The 64-bit version of the Access Database Engine OLEDB provider may be required to read this type of file. To download the client software, visit the following site: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=285987.

Dnair
Frequent Visitor

Can some one reply please

Dnair
Frequent Visitor

The above solution did not help. I want to know if I have a 32 bit Power BI desktop, will I have problem publishing it in 64 bit Office 365 which hosted the Power BI service?

Dnair
Frequent Visitor

Is there any solution to this horrible problem

Dnair
Frequent Visitor

Hi,

I can not get the screenshot but the problem happens when it is connected and processed by Adobe connector report builder in excel.

Hi @Dnair 

thank you for your reply. 

I would like to help you, but I have no idea how to test it without your operation captures after removing sensitive information. and I also searched on the Internet, but didn't find any similar problems. 

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution✔️ to help the other members find it more quickly.

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Dnair 

I've tested with excel from sharepoint, Calculation= automatic, but it worked OK, I mean it showed all data.

here are my testing operations. column b & c are calculated column in excel.

vxiaotang_0-1624254928881.png

vxiaotang_1-1624255236043.png

result, column b & c are loaded in power BI:

vxiaotang_2-1624255436402.png

if problem still persists, could you add your operation screenshots? so we can work on it further.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, I will add screenshot once I am able to mask it in a day or so. Thanks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.