Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RustyNails
Helper III
Helper III

Importing Sharepoint Text column with Append selected - only imports the latest entry

Hello,

I'm trying to import a Sharepoint List with a Text column that has "Append Changes to Existing Text" selected. What this does is allow different users to add multiple entries to the column when they go and edit it instead of just editing a one block of text.

However when I try to import this column, only the latest entry is being imported. Is there a way to import all the entries by all the users?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
mwllms
Frequent Visitor

Hi @RustyNails: Were you able to find a workaround or solution for this? I am running into this issue as well.

Hello, I wasn't able to find a solution 😞 

I instead created a separate page in Sharepoint with a link to the list.

v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @RustyNails,

How does it look in your model? Seems good in my side. Please refer to the snapshot below. We just need to extract the values.

Importing-Sharepoint-Text-column-with-Append-selected-only-imports-the-latest-entry

Best Regards,
Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I dont see it in my data model, it does not have anything that's coded in that way. The model itself imports the very last entry. "Comment" is my append column from sharepoint.

image.png

Hi @RustyNails,

1. Please check online if the Sharepoint has the data. 

2. You can get that field. The question now is the amount of the records. Did you apply any filter function?

3. Can you share the code in the Advanced Editor? Please delete or mask the private data. 

Best Regards,
Dale

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Sharepoint does have data. It has multiple entries for the items. I dont have any filters in place.

The advanced editor is:

let
    Source = SharePoint.Tables("https://###.sharepoint.com/teams/###", [ApiVersion = 15]),
    #"0ec180ce-d236-49e5-b1bd-7cf0dd20b2b5" = Source{[Id="0ec180ce-d236-49e5-b1bd-7cf0dd20b2b5"]}[Items],
    #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(#"0ec180ce-d236-49e5-b1bd-7cf0dd20b2b5",{{"ID", "ID.1"}})
in
    #"Renamed Columns"

Hi @RustyNails,

Do you mean the version history? If so, there is a workaround in Getting-SharePoint-List-items-with-full-history-version/td-p/64743

Best Regards,
Dale

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.