Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Weka
Frequent Visitor

Importing Google Analytics data

There are limits on the number of measures and dimensions that can be imported in one dataset from GA.  These are restricted in the GA API.

What I want to do is import several datasets and then link them somehow with an unique id.

Has anyone done this or have an idea how?  

There does not appear to be any keys with which to join the data with. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks but I don't want to use different credentials.

I resolved this by creating a date dimension table and including date in each of the datasets then linking to the dimension.

This way I can change the date and all the datasets/visualizations update.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Weka ,

It is impossible to use google analytics connector to link multiple datasource based on different credentials.
AFAIK, current power bi does not support to store multiple data credentials at the same time. (Notice: New credentials will replace stored old credential)
If you connect to the same datasource with different credentials, you can only get duplicated datasource tables with the lastest imported credentials.

I'd like to suggest you use web connector with google analytics API, it allows you to get data from web URL with additional parameters(account, password or access token) instead of stored data credentials.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Thanks but I don't want to use different credentials.

I resolved this by creating a date dimension table and including date in each of the datasets then linking to the dimension.

This way I can change the date and all the datasets/visualizations update.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.