Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Importing Data from OData URL but applying a filter on dynamic date before I do

Hi Community

I've been scratching my head trying to understand how I can edit a query to get data from an OData source but apply a filter to one of the fields before it does. I only need the last 3 years worth of data to be downloaded but I have a lot more than that available to me. When I bring in the table as it is it's 140MB's worth, which doesn't seem like much but I'll also be bringing in other queries from other tables the total wait time to load my dataset would be way too long.

This is the URL and the tables I can currently access...

Capture.PNG

I know I can add /WS_Vendor_Ledger_Entries to the end of the feed to access it directly, but then I'll have to wait a very long time for the table to load before applying a filter. So perhaps it's at this point that we could do something to limit the amount of data coming through...any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Martin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a similar thread in which some explanations are mention on this issue. Could you go to check if it helps in your scenario? Smiley Happy

"OData filter are not supported in Power BI

I know it’s working in PBI Desktop, but it will break on the service.

The solution is to Filter from the Power Query editor that generate a call to the function Table.SelectRows:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt260810.aspx

As to RequiresFilter and RequiredProperties, we don’t currently have any plans to support those. Please file a feature request at ideas.powerbi.com so that we can track interest."

Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Here is a similar thread in which some explanations are mention on this issue. Could you go to check if it helps in your scenario? Smiley Happy

"OData filter are not supported in Power BI

I know it’s working in PBI Desktop, but it will break on the service.

The solution is to Filter from the Power Query editor that generate a call to the function Table.SelectRows:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/mt260810.aspx

As to RequiresFilter and RequiredProperties, we don’t currently have any plans to support those. Please file a feature request at ideas.powerbi.com so that we can track interest."

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for your response.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.