Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Imported theme name not added to menu

When I import a custom theme into Power BI Desktop (Sept '18 release), I expect the name of the theme specified in the .json file to show up in the Switch Theme dropdown.  It does not, for me anyway.  For example, this one: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Themes-Gallery/Vintage-Theme-Expos%C3%A9-Data/m-p/147310

Is this the expected experience or is something wrong for me?

Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi,@DaleHohm

After my research, This is the latest feature in Sep-2018 version that lets you pick between several built-in report themes.

Reference:https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-2018-feature-summary/

And it is not supported that switch custom theme you had imported.

when you import a custom theme and save as pbix file,

you can open pbix file by zip and then cilk Report-StaticResources-RegisteredResources

6.PNG7.PNG

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-lili6-msft
Community Support
Community Support

hi,@DaleHohm

After my research, This is the latest feature in Sep-2018 version that lets you pick between several built-in report themes.

Reference:https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-september-2018-feature-summary/

And it is not supported that switch custom theme you had imported.

when you import a custom theme and save as pbix file,

you can open pbix file by zip and then cilk Report-StaticResources-RegisteredResources

6.PNG7.PNG

For your requirement, you could post your new idea in Power BI ideas and make this feature coming sooner .

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Chihiro
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

You'd apply custom theme by using "Import Theme".

Once that's done. Theme is already applied.

Anonymous
Not applicable

So I take it that is the same user experience you have?  There is no indication of what theme is active, even though the json files allow you to specify a name.  I would also expect to be able to switch between named themes, including imported ones.

Hmm?

What ever is imported last is the active theme (or last drop down selected). And it's indicated by dark highlight on "import"

You'd only have single theme active per report.

I don't think it shows last imported theme name though. If that's what you want. May be submit Uservioce?

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.