Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Imported Queries From Excel Not Completing

Hi - I'm trying to import some queries into PBI from an Excel file. 

I've gone to File > Import > Power Query, Power Pivot, Power View 

Saved the PBI file and opened the Excel file with the queries. Clicked Start, and the migration completes with no visible errors, but when I close the last window, the queries don't end up imported into PBI. 

Is it an issue with my queries? Should I cut my losses and just recreate directly in PBI?

Any help appreciated

4 REPLIES 4
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Anonymous,

Any plugin enabled on your excel file? How your data source connected? Import to excel file or data link to external data sources? Please explain more detailed information to help us clarify your scenario.

How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly 

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Siemens Teamcenter plugin is active - data is an active connection to SQL server

HI @Anonymous,

What type of SQL are you sued? SQL Server or SQL Server AS?
In addition, you mean you are work with a data link that points to an external data source. If you switch to import mode to load data to excel, did these records correctly import to power bi desktop?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
edhans
Super User
Super User

1. Do you have the Enhanced Dataset feasture turned on in the Preview settings? If so, turn it off, create a new file, and try again.
  2. If you don't, then:
    1. Create a new file.
    2. Go to Excel and open Power Query
    3. Select the first group/query
    4. Shift-click the last group/query
    5. Right-click and press COPY
    6. Go back to Power BI, right-click in Power Query there and select Paste.

You may have to modify which queries are loaded/not loaded, but otherwise, it should bring the data in. This will not bring in any measures or KPIs you may have set up in Power Pivot.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Did my answers help arrive at a solution? Give it a kudos by clicking the Thumbs Up!

DAX is for Analysis. Power Query is for Data Modeling

Proud to be a Super User!

MCSA: BI Reporting

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.