Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Chanleakna123
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Imported Excel from Sharepoint 365

1.PNG

Hi Team , I'm new here in Power BI how to import excel file into Power BI Desktop.
may i ask few quetions : *How we import Excel File in Sharepoint to Power BI ? I tried multiple ways with Link , but it doesn't work  , it always failed and can't find the right excel document. 
*Can Excel File in this sharepoint can be connected and well refreshed in power BI ? means , whether we only need to connect to the internet to refresh the data and publish. it doesn't have any impact to the source of data ? 

Hope to receive your random response very soon. 

Thanks with Best Regards, 
Chanleakna Hang 

5 REPLIES 5
v-qiuyu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Chanleakna123,

You can connect to the Excel via below methods: 

a. Use SharePoint Folder data source, and enter the SharePoint site URL. 

b. Open the Excel via Excel desktop, and get URL via File -> Info. Use Web data source, enter the URL with ?web=1 removed. See: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-use-onedrive-business-links

After publish the report to Power BI service, if the Excel contains external data source, you might need to configure the gateway, see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-excel-file-onedrive

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1.PNG

Hi Dear @v-qiuyu-msft

I had been tried multiple ways , that my data had been failed to refresh , i'm not sure because our data Data Cridential Source ? 
I tried Anonymous , Window , OAuth , still failed. 
this is my first experiment with Sharepoint. 

Thanks 

Hi @Chanleakna123,

Please choose OAuth2 authentication and then you should be able to sign in your Sharepoint account. Please clear browser cache and restart browser to test again. 

If issue persists, please click the Show Details and share the screenshot again. 

Best Regards,
Qiuyun Yu 

Community Support Team _ Qiuyun Yu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

1.PNG

Hi , the message shown above. i have no idea what's wrong with this. 
Any solution on this part ? 

thanks with Regards, 

Leakna 

@v-qiuyu-msft hi , any update on this case ? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.