Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

JohnAdv
Frequent Visitor

Imported Custom Visuals do not remain on Desktop after exiting BI Desktop.

Hi Fellow PBIers,

I imported a custom Visual for a report, the Chiclet Slicer. Everything works. If I save the report and shutdown PBI Desktop and return to PBID the Chiclet Slicer is there if i load the report that used it.

Is there a way of including custom visuals so when i am creating a New report i don't have to re-import my custom visuals?

Its fine with one or two but with a cirporate standard of maybe 10 custom visuals that means every time i make a new report i need to import those same 10 customs again.

Any ideas? Is there a folder i can load them in so PBID reloads them?

Any other ideas? Are others concerned with this issue ?

John

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi,

Yes. Here is my solution:

Download the custom visuals you want into a separate subfolder. Then open a new Power BI Desktop and import the custom visuals.

Once you have done that now "Save As" and  choose "Save as template".  Reopen Power BI Desktop and select "Import -> Power BI Template".

That's it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
wmontes

JohnAdv, have you had any luck with this?

wmontes

JohnAdv, have you had any luck with this?

Hi,

Yes. Here is my solution:

Download the custom visuals you want into a separate subfolder. Then open a new Power BI Desktop and import the custom visuals.

Once you have done that now "Save As" and  choose "Save as template".  Reopen Power BI Desktop and select "Import -> Power BI Template".

That's it.

Hi,

I don't get option of 'Save as' , it just gets added to list of visuals. How can I keep in particular folder.

GB

Hi,

I don't get option of 'Save as' , it just gets added to list of visuals. How can I keep in particular folder.

GB

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.