Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sarava8304
Frequent Visitor

Important Considerations for Setting up Incremental Refresh on Power BI Desktop

Hi,

I have setup an incremental refresh for 31 days and enabled "Detect data changes" & "Refresh Complete Days". But i see the Fact data in the model is exactly doubled, but when i verifiy with my desktop file the count is correct.

Please suggest whether the Complete Days refresh is making this double values?

thanks,

Saravanan R

2 REPLIES 2
JontyB
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @sarava8304 

I raised a question about incremental refresh a few days ago, as I was getting a similar issue, my data is using a timestamp in the database for when the row was last updated. Incremental refresh completes a delete and insert for only the days which you have specified in the refresh period, in my example I stored the last 10 years and refreshed the last 10 days. 

The issue I had was that a record which was older than 10 days was updated, this record was held in the stored dataset which is not deleted, it was then also added in the refreshed data, as it had been updated. This caused duplication in the final dataset and the refresh failed as my table was on the 1 side of a 1 to many relationship.

This is detailed in the incremental refresh doc here 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.. I also fixed this issue.. Soory I didnt updated in this blogs..

Thanks for reminding me 👍

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.