Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

AlejandroPCar
Helper IV
Helper IV

Import only 1000 random rows

Hi, 

Im importing a table from azure with 40,000 rows. Then I merge with another table and almost the entire table has been merged. But.. once the merge was finish and a new column is added and then I push "close and apply" only 1000 random rows was charged. I tried refresh, I tried doing all again in a new report, different machines, I dont know... In fact the preview in query editor just finish at 1000 rows... it does not let me see anymore. 

This is a problem from July update? That's really weird. 

And when I append a 25,000 rows table with a 252 rows table, only shows in the report 252 rows... does July Update hate append and merge? 

Thanks for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
nayan28apr
Helper I
Helper I

Yes agree, this has happened with me as well when connecting to SQL Server.

As a solution i wrote sql code when importing data in advance editor like below-

Run native database queries

This will make below change in M code.

MCode Change:    Source = Sql.Database("ServerName", "DBName", [Query="Select * from TableName"]),

Native Query: https://support.office.com/en-us/article/import-data-from-database-using-native-database-query-power...

Hope this will help

Well, in my case the problem just disappeared with desktop august update huy your solution isnt that bad.
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@AlejandroPCar,

This seems to be a known issue.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Issues/Only-first-1000-rows-loaded-to-model/idi-p/469799

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.