cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Import just the data model from SSAS to pbix file

Hi All,

We have SSAS tabular cubes and are trying to get rid of them and manage the model in PowerBi.

However the model in SSAS has lot of measures and calculated columns which will take time to redo.

So is there a way to just import the model from SSAS tabular to power BI and make it use SQL server as source

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

Re: Import just the data model from SSAS to pbix file

@tungunt 

I don't think there is a way to directly import the model like open model.bim using PowerBI desktop although that would be great if we could.

You can use the Vertipaq Analyser to extract the measures and claculated columns from the model which may help some.

https://www.sqlbi.com/tools/vertipaq-analyzer/

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User IV
Super User IV

@tungunt 

I don't think there is a way to directly import the model like open model.bim using PowerBI desktop although that would be great if we could.

You can use the Vertipaq Analyser to extract the measures and claculated columns from the model which may help some.

https://www.sqlbi.com/tools/vertipaq-analyzer/

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

sad to hear that...

I will explore the vertipaq.. thank you very much

Helpful resources

Announcements
May 2020 Community Highlights

May 2020 Community Highlights

It’s time for another PBI Community recap!

Community Blog

Community Blog

Visit our Community Blog for articles, guides, and information created by fellow community members.

Using the Community

Using the Community

Need help with the Power BI Community? Our 'Using the Community' support articles are a great place to start.

Galleries

Galleries

Looking for inspiration on how to present your data? Need instructional videos? Check out our Galleries!

Top Solution Authors