Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Import in PowerBI from OLAP Cube with Java heap space error

Currently I'm trying to connect PowerBI to the Financial OLAP Database of the planning- and reporting software Lucanet.

All I'm doing is:

-Choosing a connection to SQL Server Analysis Database

-Enter credentials to OLAP Cube and choose option import (instead of live query (currently not possible at our company))

-After the connection is established I select all 7 levels of the Cube plus the measures themselves (I know that it's possibly too much data selected but I need all levels of the Cube in my PowerBI file)

During the last two attempts I

-Tried to just load the data without any transformation --> After a couple of seconds the Lucanet server broke down and it had to be restarted

-Clicked on the the data transformation menu --> No response, after some seconds I received a Java heap space error and the Lucanet Server broke down again

Anybody with an advice to me how I can tackle this problem?

Thanks in advance

--- EDIT ---

Together with the Lucanet Support I figured out, that it is currently not possible to connect PowerBI to the OLAP Cube of Lucanet.

It is necessary to export the Data from the OLAP Cube in a separate Warehouse to access the it.

1 REPLY 1
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You could creat a support ticket with your problem.

Best Regards,

Liang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors