Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ellac
Helper III
Helper III

Import from AAS and schedule refresh in PBI Service

Hi!

We have a rather huge data model in Azure Analysis Services (Star Schema), and until now we've only built reports in PBI through live connection which have worked like a charm.

Now we're planning on building larger reports which will be distributed to a larger amount of people in our organization. Ideally, we want to import the data, build the report and publish it to PBI Service, and then schedule a refresh once a week. Is this possible to do for Azure Analysis Services? Our preconceived notion is that it will get too slow using live connection.

I've read some about installing a gateway and then configuring it for scheudling refresh. Has anyone tried this and did it work? What are the limitations in that case?

Thanks in advance!

Ella

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ellac
Helper III
Helper III

Sometimes you just makes it too complicated... 🙂 Here is a super simple solution when using live connection - I didn't know it was possible to schedule the refresh for live connection.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-be/blog/governance-settings-for-power-bi-cache-refreshes-from-azure...

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
ellac
Helper III
Helper III

Sometimes you just makes it too complicated... 🙂 Here is a super simple solution when using live connection - I didn't know it was possible to schedule the refresh for live connection.

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-be/blog/governance-settings-for-power-bi-cache-refreshes-from-azure...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.