Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ioper
Frequent Visitor

Import data storage

Hello, 

I am trying to find a way to imported data to an appended data so that when the import refreshes, the appended table keeps growing. 

For example, 

there are two data tables, totalData and salesforceDate

the initial totalData data table looks like this:

StoreItem Price 
AChair 100
ATV475
ALamp 60

SalesforceData (Day 1)

StoreItem Price 
BPhone300
BToy25
BCandy1

saleforceData (Day 2)

StoreItem Price 
CShoes40
CBag15
CShirt15

If I set salesforceData to refresh everyday, 

My goal is so that at the end of Day 2, totalData (which appends salesforceData)  has data for stores A,B, and C (days 1 and 2). However, I am currently only getting data for stores A and C after day 2 as a result of the refresh deleting old data. Is there a way to work around this?

I need this because salesforce is only able to load reports of 2000 rows. Thus I need to pull data daily but do not have the time to append a new table every day. 

Thank you. Appreciate any solution to this problem. 

4 REPLIES 4
QueryWhiz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi @ioper were you able to find a solution? As a workaround, maybe you can try to test your connection with a 3rd party connector. I've tried windsor.ai, supermetrics and funnel.io. I stayed with windsor because it is much cheaper so just to let you know other options. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the Salesforce connector in the data sources list:

SALESFORCE-1.png

After that, just grant access to your Salesforce account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your Salesforce fields:

SALESFORCE-2.png

There just select the fields you need. It is also compatible with custom fields and custom objects, so you'll be able to export them through windsor.  Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ioper ,

There is a workaround you can considerate, following the steps below.

1.Save these data tables in OneDrive for Business, create a new column named "Day number" in totalData table to storage the days in later step 3.

2.Connect to the excel file totalData located in OneDrive for Business using Web connector, see more detail: Use OneDrive for Business links in Power BI Desktop.

3.Once there are new SalesforceData, you can append the new data into the totalData table by doing copy and post.

4.Click Refresh button to get the latest data.

Best Regards,

Amy

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

ioper
Frequent Visitor

Thank you for your help. @v-xicai 

So does the salesforce data have to be copy and posted every day manually? Also, just for clarification, is  the salesforce data being appended on one drive?

v-xicai
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ioper ,

It is a clumsy workaround, right?Smiley Embarassed You may need copy and poste every day manually. For the SalesforceData, you may needn't to upload it to OneDrive for Business.

Best Regards,

Amy

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.