Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Poongovil
Frequent Visitor

Import data greater than 24 hours into power bi Desktop

Hi , 

Request your help in importing the "Agent group summary" report that is extracted from Service Desk reporting tool. The report contains hours greater than 24 hours in multiple columns. Tried converting the excel cells into text and still it does not work.

Poongovil_0-1600610151733.png

But when imported they are displayed as date and time. The time format does not change. 

Poongovil_1-1600610257227.png

Verified the other solutions posted but still could not find any solution that works for this issue. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi @Poongovil - I see that the issue maybe with the way the data is stored in excel; even though the column is formatted as "hh:mm:ss", the underlying value seems to be a date which is what is imported into Power BI

Sumanth_23_3-1600626730758.png

The value is retained in the expected format when i format and reentered the data for Staff time as seen below. You would then have to strip the hours, mimutes and seconds from the string and then convert to the required format that you require. 

Sumanth_23_5-1600627440099.png

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sumanth_23
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

hi @Poongovil - can you share a small sample of the data so I can try and replicate the same on my end. Thanks! 

Fowmy
Super User
Super User

Remove the Change Type from the steps and check how the data is imported. You can then convert it to a format like Duration.

Can you share some sample data and the expected result to get a clear understanding of your question?
You can save your files to OneDrive, Google Drive or any other cloud sharing platform and share the link here.

Click the Thumbs-Up icon if you like this answer 🙂

Youtube Linkedin

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! and hit thumbs up

Subscribe and learn Power BI from these videos

Website LinkedIn PBI User Group

Please find the link with sample data:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aht-ezSCqvmWgaMHKrpFODjeQrOe7Q?e=XUPRAi

Would like the have the same data available in excel to be replicated in power bi, Example: since there are agents who have logged in to the avaya system for nearly Staff time 207:45:28 ( 207 hours and 45 minutes for the month - Column I). If I divide the number of days they have been working 207:45:28 hours / 22 days = 09:26:37. Which can give their average productivity hours for the month. 

Thank you

hi @Poongovil - I see that the issue maybe with the way the data is stored in excel; even though the column is formatted as "hh:mm:ss", the underlying value seems to be a date which is what is imported into Power BI

Sumanth_23_3-1600626730758.png

The value is retained in the expected format when i format and reentered the data for Staff time as seen below. You would then have to strip the hours, mimutes and seconds from the string and then convert to the required format that you require. 

Sumanth_23_5-1600627440099.png

Please mark the post as a solution and provide a 👍 if my comment helped with solving your issue. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.