Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HO
Frequent Visitor

Import data for each row in a parameter table Power Query

Hello,

I'm trying to import data to Power BI via url where the url have two parameters - arg1 and arg2. I have a table Args with columns arg1 and arg2 and I want to retrieve data for each row in Args. I have written a function, DataFunction(arg1,arg2), that given arg1 and arg2 returns a table in the required format. The next step is to loop through all rows in Args and append the table. My code thus far looks like this:

let
Source1 = DataFunction(arg12, arg12),
Source2 = DataFunction(arg21, arg22),
Source = Table.Combine({Source1, Source2 })
in
Source

In stead of arg11, arg12, arg21 and arg22 that in my case is hard coded, I want a generic method to combine all tables that corresponds to a row in Args. 

I have experimentet a bit with the each statement, but I have not yet figured out how to make it work. This should just be a simple loop, but it appears to me that Power Query don't support this. 

Any help is appreciated! 

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @HO

I'm afraid i cannot fully understand it. Could you show us a simplified sample like this post? You may also get further help from Power Query Forums if you post the issue.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.