Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ROGI
Regular Visitor

Import Report from Power BI to Power BI Desktop

I use Power BI Desktop, create my report, all is nice and great. I Published it. 

But what happens when I need to change something ? 

I know If I made changes in Desktop I can publish it again and changes will be overwritten, BUT If I change things in editor via Web how can I Export that report back to Desktop is there a way to export from web back to Desktop ?

Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@ROGI There is no current mechanism to save reports from the Service to a PBIX file. It's a one way street at the moment. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
travisvought

Has there been a change to this answer?  It seems ridiculous that you can't import reports from the web service to the desktop app...

janofa

Hi - This answer is from the end of 2015.  Has there been any progress since?  Thanks..

I ave same issue :

Is there currently a mechanism to save reports and Dahsboard generated from the Service to a PBIX file in order to continue edit in Dektop ?

Philippe Chessel

@ROGI There is no current mechanism to save reports from the Service to a PBIX file. It's a one way street at the moment. 

Looking for more Power BI tips, tricks & tools? Check out PowerBI.tips the site I co-own with Mike Carlo. Also, if you are near SE WI? Join our PUG Milwaukee Brew City PUG

that s really a big flaw, especially when sharing datasets in a group...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.