Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

yuxin

Import Project Web App data, then dataset only shows milestone tasks

I tried to use PowerBI to visualise my project status from Microsoft Project Wed Application (PWA) by following the steps below:

1) clicks PowerBI from PWA dashboard, it runs the import and after it finishes,

2) open Dataset from PowerBI

3) use a table view, and drag the item "Task Name" from "Tasks" list

4) then in the table view, it shows only milestone tasks

Double checked filters, and for "Is Milestone" value, it selects "All", though there is only one option "YES" below the "All" value, which means there are only milestone tasks.

Can you please advise why it does not import non-milestone tasks? Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
SeanPlotner

Hi, I'm having this same issue.  I haven't been able to find an answer anywhere.  I have connected to both Power BI desktop and web versions, and I can only ever see milestone tasks in either.  Can Power BI import ALL project tasks, or only milestones?  If it can import ALL tasks, what do I need to do?

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @yuxin,

Do you want to visualize PWA data in Power BI desktop? If so, you could load data into desktop via connecting to Odata feed. Please see: Project Online: connect to data through Power BI Desktop

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yulgu-msft Thank you for the reply.

I am using online PowerBI, not the Desktop for team collaboration. Sorry, I should not post it into Desktop forum group.

In the online PowerBI, when opens Get Data screen, it shows the following options:

image.png

I used Services to connect to PWA and loaded the project data, still it only pulled out the milestone tasks. Please advise.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.