cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MRussett Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Re: Import Power Pivot (DataModel) into Power Bi

I am also curious about this.  My organization generates monthly power pivot reports that come from various databases I do not have direct access too.   However I can download the XLSX and import the data structure into PowerBI really nicely.   It would be nice if I could download the new report each month and update my PowerBI... however re-importing erases all the customizations I have made in PBI

crptsl Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Is there a way to do it vice versa, as in importing data models and relationships built in Power BI into Microsoft Excel ? 

Super User
Super User

No, it only goes the other way. But you can publish the PBI to powerbi.com and use Analyze in Excel (with a pro account) or you could use my local host workbook technique to do a similar thing on your pc. Analyze In Excel Without PowerBi.com

* Matt is a Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.
Highlighted
mutarabosco Occasional Visitor
Occasional Visitor

Does PowerBI refresh the data from the data source as needed? Or does data become static in PowerBI freezing to reflect the version in effect the moment you import it from PowerPivot?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Find out what's new in the Power BI Community!

Summit North America

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Virtual Launch Event

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

MBAS Gallery

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Users Online
Currently online: 322 members 3,095 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: