Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Jai_Bankar
Helper I
Helper I

Import Mode and Direct Query Limitations

Hi All,

I have a few doubts, I tried searching for it on the internet but could not get the expected results.

Please help me with the below questions.

1. For import mode the size limit of the dataset is 1 GB and for Pro, it's 10 GB. Does the dataset here mean the PBIX file?

2. For import mode is there any limit on the number of records we fetch?

3. For import mode how many records can we refresh, that means are there any limits on schedule refresh in terms of the number of rows/records?

4. Are there any limits for the first 2 points mentioned above for direct query?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jai_Bankar , Please check my reply

1. For import mode the size limit of the dataset is 1 GB and for Pro, it's 10 GB. Does the dataset here mean the PBIX file?

One dataset means one pbix file it is not referring to another dataset. One dataset can max of 1 GB . This size on the service, which should be very near to pbix size

No

3. For import mode how many records can we refresh, that means are there any limits on schedule refresh in terms of the number of rows/records?

You can run refresh only 8 times in a day. Also if there is too much of data to refresh it can give memory error. So there no limit, but it is limited by capacity

4. Are there any limits for the first 2 points mentioned above for direct query?

In Direct query, you can not fetch more than 1M rows in a single query

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Jai_Bankar , Please check my reply

One dataset means one pbix file it is not referring to another dataset. One dataset can max of 1 GB . This size on the service, which should be very near to pbix size

No

You can run refresh only 8 times in a day. Also if there is too much of data to refresh it can give memory error. So there no limit, but it is limited by capacity

In Direct query, you can not fetch more than 1M rows in a single query

Hey @amitchandak 

Thanks for the clarification!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.