Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

karlk
Advocate I
Advocate I

Import Azure Active Directory B2C Logs into Power BI

Hi,

I have a requirement to import Azure Active Directory B2C logs into Power BI.  To do so I've:

1. Configured the logs to be written to a log analytics workspace (as per Monitor Azure AD B2C with Azure Monitor - Azure AD B2C | Microsoft Docs)

2. Import the logs from the log analytics workspace into Power BI (as per Import Azure Log Analytics data into Power BI - Azure Monitor | Microsoft Docs)

This is working nicely and reading the Microsoft docs (at least the ones I've found) would seem to be a good way of achieving the result.  However, it's bugging me whether or not there is a better / out of the box solution.

I've been pointed to https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169401-azure-active-directory/suggestions/33297973-b2c-analytics-a... which suggests there was a preview solution in Feb. 2008 but I can't find any more information.  I'm assuming given how the technology has moved on that this didn't make it out of preview.

Is there a better solution or an out of the box solution I could/should be using intead of log analytics, please?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Karl

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karlk ,

I found a newly solved case similar to your needs, you can use it as a reference to see if I can help you.
Here is the relevant link for the case: 

If there are any other questions, please inform me in time. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-henryk-mstf
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @karlk ,

I found a newly solved case similar to your needs, you can use it as a reference to see if I can help you.
Here is the relevant link for the case: 

If there are any other questions, please inform me in time. Looking forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Henry

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks @v-henryk-mstf, that post is similar to my situation.  I'm now happier with the approach of B2C Logs sent to a Log Analytics Workspace the Power BI imports from the Log Analytics Workspace.

Hi @karlk ,

Very happy to help you.😁

Best Regards,

Henry.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Content packs are no longer a thing. That link is from 2018.

karlk
Advocate I
Advocate I

https://feedback.azure.com/forums/169401-azure-active-directory/suggestions/33297973-b2c-analytics-a... seemed to suggest there might be a content pack coming.  

I like the solution I've described above but asking if there's another possible solution I've missed.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Define "better". Do you want faster, or fewer steps, or something else?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.