Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

atomar070
Helper I
Helper I

Implementing RLS in Azure analysis services on multiple dimension

Hi All,

I have azuer analysis services and want to implement RLS, i want to implement RLS dynamically that it will take data from one table which will store the dimension attributes and username of the user. Then i want to pass those dimension attributes to my roles on multiple dimensions. So suppose DimCust has CutomerType (Regular,Occassional,Rare) and DimBroker has BrokerType (High, Medium, Low), Now my user roles table will have data for CustomerTye "Regular" , BrokerType "High" and username "XYZ@mail.com" so how do i implement this in cube. Assuming if CutomerType is not provided in the table then it should consider all the customer and same for brokertype.

Any help would be appreciable.

Thanks,

Amit

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @atomar070 

Dynamic security defines a user’s read access to data right down to a particular row in a particular table. Similar to roles, dynamic row-level security relies on a user’s Windows user name.

A user’s ability to query and view model data is determined by:

• The roles that their Windows user account belong to as a member.
  • Dynamic row-level security, if it's configured.

For further inforamtion, you may refer the following document.

Security Roles (Analysis Services - Multidimensional Data) 

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-alq-msft ,

Yes, i am aware of how security works. My question is that how do i implement the RLS on two dimension, if records from both dimenison available to see for that user then filter should apply on both the dimensions and if attribute from only one dimension available then it should take that filter from that dimension and from another dimension it sould show all the records.

Thanks,

Amit

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.