Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

TigerAudi

Impala data connection

Hi All,

I'm new user to Power BI,I'm not able to logint o cloudera imapla, please help me

Error

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error from the Impala Thrift API: SSL_connect: certificate verify failed
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error from the Impala Thrift API: SSL_connect: certificate verify failed"

Best Regards
Santhosha BG
3 REPLIES 3
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@TigerAudi

As the Impala connector is still in preview, that seems a limitation. Check more in this idea.

I'm hitting a similar error using the November update, which should support connecting to a Keberized Impala cluster:

Details: "ODBC: ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error from the Impala Thrift API: SSL_connect: certificate verify failed
ERROR [HY000] [Microsoft][ImpalaODBC] (100) Error from the Impala Thrift API: SSL_connect: certificate verify failed"

Thoughts on this?

Yeah, and I'm hitting the same thing in JUNE of 2018 ... does anyone pay attention to this issue?  This is a serious barrier to a PoC I'm doing.  If we cannot connect to our Cloudera cluster then PowerBI isn't going to get any attention here.

Would very much like to know how to get this working.

It is not an expired Kerberos ticket... I renewed it and tried again, and still got this error; but I'm in on HUE so it isn't Kerberos, it isn't my certificate and it isn't Cloudera.

Inquiring minds would like to know.  

TiA.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.