Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Carnage
Frequent Visitor

Images work on Service but not Desktop - Need help!

Hi all. Looking for some direction on what may be causing images to not work on Desktop but works just fine on Service. Images are hosted on my onedrive and have been shared with no login required (anonymous link). It's housed in it's own table with a URL and formatted as URL.  I'm using the image as part of a column which dynamically changes as filters are applied. 

Hoping someone has some input. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I have found the solution. It was a cookie issue where the cookie string was too long and was being rejected by sharepoint and consequently the image would not work. This has been corrected and the images now work in desktop. Thank you for your engagement.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @Carnage,

AFAK, current power bi not support to create dynamic column/table based on slicer/filter.
I'm not so sure how this dynamic image column works, can you share something detailed to help us clarify your situation?

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. The images change based on what filters are applied and also display relevant sales data. As mentioned, it works as intended on Service (screenshot enclosed)

However the same cannot be said for Desktop(screenshot enclosed)

Hopefully this makes it a bit more clear as to what I'm trying to accomplish.

HI @Carnage,

Can you please share us a pbix with sample data to test? You can upload to onedrive or google drive and share link here.

Notice: please do mask on sensitive data before sharing.

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-shex-msft,

I have found the solution. It was a cookie issue where the cookie string was too long and was being rejected by sharepoint and consequently the image would not work. This has been corrected and the images now work in desktop. Thank you for your engagement.

Carnage
Frequent Visitor

Hi all, Looking for advice or direction on why I can't get images to work on Desktop. Images are stored on my onedrive and I have created a table in Excel with the URL's which is then queried into Desktop. Data format is also formatted as a URL.  I have shared the content as an anonymous link (no login required) which allows it to work on the Service but no matter what I do I can't get images to display on Desktop

I'm using the images as a column in a table to dynamically display an image of a part alongside relevant sales data based on selected filters.

Hoping someone can provide a solution or some ideas to try. Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors