Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Images on sharepoint not loading in power BI dashboard

Hi Team,

I have few images of flages in png format on share point. I use the url of these images in the data set and categorise them as Image url in power BI desktop but still not able to see the image in Table Visual in Power BI desktop. I am using organizational account to connect to sharepoint, please let me know what could be going wrong here. Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Arjun DN

4 REPLIES 4
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

In order to make the image address work, we should make sure that that you can share the files to anyone. Please ask your administrator  to change the setting in the Admin for Share Point.

1.png

Then share the file to anyone and copy the link.

2.png

Paste the link to your browser, after the image has been loaded, copy the image address. At last we can use the URL with no issue. Please check the result as below.

4.png

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

Thanks for a quick response with the solution. As there are restrictions within an organization to provide public access to the folders, is there an alternative to this.

Regards,

Arjun DN

Hi @Anonymous ,

To use personal One Drive  instead of One Drive for business is a work around.

Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Team,

The Private group is created from the Power BI Workspace, the same is used to place the flag images on OneDrive. The members of the group should be able to see the images even on Power BI service.

Regards,

Arjun DN

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.