Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Images not displayed in dataset subscription email. "This visual does not support exporting"

I followed the approach shown in this discussion to add images (in this case PNG files) as a base64 string into a dataset. This worked well and I can see images in Power BI Desktop, Service, and on Windows Phone. Hooray!!

However, the emails sent to subscribed users when the dataset is refreshed do not contain the images. The attachment which is supposed to show an image of the dashboard does not get generated properly.

M&S Exceptions.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has turned out to be due to using the 'Data Image by CloudScape' visualisation.

The alert images appear properly after changing to another visualisation.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

This has turned out to be due to using the 'Data Image by CloudScape' visualisation.

The alert images appear properly after changing to another visualisation.

Hello,

What visualization did you use to make it work? Did it accept a measure? I am using the same process of converting to 64byte string, which results in a measure as the image url.

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.