Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

andyor
Resolver I
Resolver I

Images losing size on import

I have an image as such (backround removed)

andyor_0-1664171643738.png

When I insert/import this into Power BI it then goes much smaller. There's also a huge box around it which I have to make 2x the size to enlarge the image to the original size and then the user won't be able to click on certain areas of the report as the image box is in the way. The same goes for every single image I try and insert/upload. 

andyor_1-1664171745982.png

andyor_0-1664171911071.png

You can even see it in the last 2 screenshots I've posted. Both images look the same size as Power BI is distorting them. When you click the + icon on the second image you can see it's bigger, and I've had to make the box around it 2.5x bigger to achieve this. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @andyor ,

There is some kind of theme management on Power BI Service. You can apply JSON theme to a dashboard. See details - Use dashboard themes in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs .

There is also a helpful blog, please refer to it to see if it helps.

Power BI Blog: Importing Fonts into Power BI < Blog | SumProduct are experts in Excel Training: Fina...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
andyor
Resolver I
Resolver I

I think the issue is that I'm inserting/uploading text where the background is removed

Is there any way to import new Fonts into Power BI? That would fix my issue

Hi @andyor ,

There is some kind of theme management on Power BI Service. You can apply JSON theme to a dashboard. See details - Use dashboard themes in the Power BI service - Power BI | Microsoft Docs .

There is also a helpful blog, please refer to it to see if it helps.

Power BI Blog: Importing Fonts into Power BI < Blog | SumProduct are experts in Excel Training: Fina...

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

andyor
Resolver I
Resolver I

I'm trying to attach a video but Power BI doesn't like the URl - it's here though - https://youtube.com/shorts/rLODlkN8ngA?feature=share. Hopefully this explains what I mean!

ribisht17
Super User
Super User

@andyor 

Please check

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Image-Size/m-p/1039945

Regards,

Ritesh

Mark my post as a solution if it helped you| Munde and Kudis (Ladies and Gentlemen) I like your Kudos!! !!
My YT Channel Dancing With Data !! Connect on Linkedin !! PL 300 Certification Series

This is nothing to do with my issue at all 😕 

My issue is that when I import an issue it shrinks in size. And to get it back to the original size, by dragging the border edges to make it bigger, this creates a huge invisible border around the image, which I don't want, as when you click this area of the screen in the report, it reveals the border. 

Have you tried this

Image > Style > Fit

ribisht17_0-1664175805699.png

Regards,

Ritesh

yea have tried that - doesn't help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.