Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Images in Chiclet Slicers cannot be refreshed after changes are done to the image

Update: Read my reply below for the updated reported issue.

When I load my images to the Chiclet Slicer control in Power Bi Desktop, the images lose their transparent background. As a result, when you select one item, you get an ugly white box instead of the selection color.
Do you have any recommendations? Is it a known limitation? In the YouTube movie of the Chiclet Slicer the images do have transparent backgrounds, and the selection looks nice and clean.

7 REPLIES 7
v-yuezhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @DataChant,

Could you please describe more details about your scenario? We need to know what is your data source and what change you make for your image.

If you change image URL in your original data source, please click Refresh button in Report view as follows to reflect the new image in Chiclet Slicer.
Capture.JPG

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

At the beginning I added the URLs of 6 ping files that are hosted on my domain. The images had a white background, and it didn't look well on the slicer when the images were selected, so I edited the images and change the background to be transparent. From this point I couldn't see the change of the images after a refresh. I even try to rebuild the slicer from scratch and it didn't help.
The solution that worked eventually was to move to images to a different folder and update the URLs.
But now, after I published the .pbix file, the Chiclet slicer is not loaded when you open the report on the web.

Hi @DataChant,

Could you please describe more details about opening the report on the web? Do you use “Publish to web” feature to generate the embed code of the report and the report is not displayed when you open the generated link? We will appreciate it if you can post a screenshot about your scenario.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Yes, the image is not seen after I open the embedded version that was created through Publish to Web. Here is the link:
https://app.powerbi.com/view?r=eyJrIjoiYzMzNjYwNWQtOTExYy00YTU5LTg4ZTEtZGEwNGJmYzc3MDI4IiwidCI6IjIyN...

Here is a screenshot of the report when the Chicklet Slicers were loaded inside PowerBI.com (they are loaded rarely, or perhaps after a very long wait, I am not sure).
https://datachant-my.sharepoint.com/personal/gilra_datachant_com/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?guesta...

Should I consider moving to images to OneDrive for Business, instead of my domain?

Hi @DataChant,

When I open the link you share, the images display instantly as follows, does it work as expected? I am unable to view the second screenshot you share.
Capture.JPG

Have you used different web browser to open the embedded version? And refresh the web page after you open it, then check the result.

Thanks,
Lydia Zhang

Yes. It works now.

I found out now that the problem is completely different. When you load an image with transparent background for the first time, you get the desired effect. However, once you load an image, changes to the image will not get refreshed.

So the main issue here is how can we refresh images in the Chiclet Slicer.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.