Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Images from Sharepoint NOT Displayed in Power BI Desktop neither Android

Hi dear Power BI guru's of this community.

I have the following issue I can`t fix and Im sure there is a easy way to solve it otherwise I would be so dissappointed with PBI.

I have JPEG pictures in a sharepoint folder... I can see them in my visual objects on power BI web Service....But I cant see them in power BI desktop neither androids devices.

Can someone help me out to clarify why and what kinf of solution I could have (Base64) becasue it`s a pain the thing about the string legnth...

Thank you in advance community. (Im hopeless) (LAST 2 PICTURES IS WHERE I SHOW THE WEB SERVICE WITH PICTURES AND DESKTOP WITHOUT PICTURES)

XX7.JPGXX8.JPGXX9.JPGXX10.JPGXX11.JPGXX12.JPG

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why images inside SharePoint are now shown inside the Power BI desktop? Any solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I found this on Microsoft's site:

"The URL needs to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them."

Has anyone done this successfully?

I'm using the thumbnail pictures of the O365 user accounts. It's not possible to create an embed code for that. 

jesenavaranjan2
Regular Visitor

Any resolutions?

ShwetaT
Regular Visitor

Any Solution for this issue. I am facing same issue in PowerBi Desktop

I'm still waiting for a solution. I'm displaying the O365 user thumbnails as well as pictures stored in a SharePoint site (not OneDrive).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there any update on this? I also have the same issue.

It is not working in the desktop but working in the service.

I have the same issue. Only in the PowerBI service the images are displayed, but not in PowerBI desktop. Any ideas?

I also noticed that the same issue occurs when embedding a report in Teams using the PowerBI tab instead of embedding a report using a "web site" tab Smiley Sad

v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymous,

Which URL did you use? How did you get the Image URL from SharePoint? Please provide detailed repro steps. Besides, how about  the result if embedding different type of images into Power BI desktop?

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-yulgu-msft good morning!

The URL looks like this:XXX15.JPG

Im getting the image through the "Sharepoint Folder " conector (available in the menu)

When you said embbeding I actualy can see every image except the ones from sharepoint folder (eventhough in the web service everybody can see the pictures) my problem is when they want to use tablets or smartphones.

Ive seen a lot of people with the same problem in the forum with no much luck

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi dear Power BI guru's of this community.

I have the following issue I can`t fix and Im sure there is a easy way to solve it otherwise I would be so dissappointed with PBI.

I have JPEG pictures in a sharepoint folder... I can see them in my visual objects on power BI web Service....But I cant see them in power BI desktop neither androids devices.

Can someone help me out to clarify why and what kinf of solution I could have (Base64) becasue it`s a pain the thing about the string legnth...

Thank you in advance community. (Im hopeless) (LAST 2 PICTURES IS WHERE I SHOW THE WEB SERVICE WITH PICTURES AND DESKTOP WITHOUT PICTURES)

XX7.JPGXX8.JPGXX9.JPGXX10.JPGXX11.JPGXX12.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.