Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MarkSL
Helper V
Helper V

Images by Cloudscope - stopped working

Hi, 

I have a well established report which displays images of our stock via the custom visual 'Images by Cloudscope', which simply displays a image from a field marked as a 'image url'. This has been working fine for ages, but today I was informed that the images were missing from the report in the service.

I opened up my pbix file (latest Version: 2.80.5803.1061 64-bit (April 2020)) and found that the field was no longer present in the visual's 'Image URL' box, however the field was still ticked in my field list?  It is as if the field has somehow become disconnected from the visual, but not fully.

27-05-2020 19-11-22.png

Seems odd to me that this 'bug' is also in the service and that the pbix has not been uploaded for months.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@MarkSL - I personally have not but perhaps try removing the visual and re-adding it? But, likely will have to contact the third-party vendor. It is possible that a recent update to the Desktop/Service broke their visual somehow.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Kgathright
Helper II
Helper II

I had this same issue and contacted CloudScope. They said it was due to a Microsoft security policy for this certified visual. Link he provided: 

https://www.cloudscope.io/support/custom-visualizations/why-uncertified

It basically prevents any access to external resources over http/https. 

I downloaded a different visual SimpleImage - and this works but since it isn't certified, the image is missing when you export the dashboard. 

NAOS
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hey!

Here's the solution:

Download visual "Image by Cloudscope" version (2.0.4), which is a different visual to the one that's broken ("Image by Cloudscope" version 2.0.3). Replace any old version of the broken visual with the new one. No need to make any other changes.

It may help other users changing the answer accepted as solution (as contacting the provider didn't help me!)

Kind regards,

NAOS

Hi NAOS,

Thank you.

Ii did the same but still, I have an error message "The image 'undefined" could not be loaded.".

The measure is in the Image URL field.

Did you have this and do you know any other visual that can be used?

Thank you

Hi @lale24 ,

I did see a message but Im not sure if it was the same. I remember it was in red-coloured font, but it dissapear after I saved my report and opened again. Just make sure your URL works and can be accessed from PBI, may be adding it to a table visual which also displays images.

I hope that helps,

NAOS

I found an issue with this error message (The image 'undefined' could not be loaded).

The image title field needs to be populated.

lale24_0-1604435954875.png

Now it is working.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

@MarkSL - I personally have not but perhaps try removing the visual and re-adding it? But, likely will have to contact the third-party vendor. It is possible that a recent update to the Desktop/Service broke their visual somehow.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi @Greg_Deckler 

Yes, good call, I will see I can contact the vendor.  All it took to fix was to simply drag that field back into the visual and reupload.

Unless I am mistaken, I do find it a bit odd that there isn't an official visual for displaying a dynamic image, other than adding it as a column to a table or matrix.  

Thanks

Mark

"simple image" does this. But is quite limited : cannot use a measure as URL (only columns) and persistance : when filter results to a blank URL, former image keeps displayed.

I used tu enjoy image by cloudscope, bu it was removed from custom visuals library few months ago.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.