Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
taher
Helper II
Helper II

Images as Column values

Hi,

i want to display images a column in a table  but i did not work although i have changed the Data Category into image-Url.

Any Help!

5 REPLIES 5
FredMc
Frequent Visitor

In order to have the solution to this question, I give the answer:

You have to select the field and go to the Modeling tab, select Data Category and set it to Image URL

The visuals tha support image as an url are: the Table visual and the Card visual.

More info, here Solution

v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @taher,

I also tested it on both the February release version and the latest March release version of Power BI Desktop, and the image url can be shown on the table visual if I change the Data Category into image-Url.

r3.PNG

Could you share a sample pbix file which can reproduce the issue? So that we can help further investigate on it. You can upload it to OneDrive or Dropbox and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.Smiley Happy

Regards

Hi @v-ljerr-msft,

i also use the latest March release version of Power BI Desktop,

unfortunately i can not see my images with tables or multi-card ,still URLs!!

I must add a filter to my report and choose between the URLs then i can see the Images not URLs (but just with Imageviewer) ?

So with a table or multi-card did not work!

In the photo you can see a table , an imageviewer and a filter ,i have a column with 'id' name and another one with 'AnswerImages1' name.

Sorry i dont know how to mask data i will see and then i will upload a pbix file , if i could not find the solution.

Thanks for Help 🙂 answer.PNG

Greg_Deckler
Super User IV
Super User IV

I am on the February release, English and this is working for me. 

---------------------------------------

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!

I have a NEW book! 
DAX Cookbook from Packt
Over 120 DAX Recipes!

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

What do mean with "English" ??
I use a german version. could that be a problem?

thanks for help (:

Helpful resources

Announcements
User Groups Public Preview

Join us for our User Group Public Preview!

Power BI User Groups are coming! Make sure you’re among the first to know when user groups go live for public preview.

March Update

Check it Out!

Click here to read more about the March 2021 Updates!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.