Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

PowerBIGuy1
Frequent Visitor

Images as Column values in Table Visual

Can we show some icons images in Table Visual for a column value? I want to show arrow icons if a value in column is between limits etc. Just some up/down/side arrows type basic icons.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
12 REPLIES 12
dcristini
Regular Visitor

A simple solution. 
Using measures and emojis.

if ([Objetivos]  > 'Medidas Resumen'[Resultados]  ;"📙";"📗")

grid

SillyJam123
Frequent Visitor

Hi @PowerBIGuy1 . Could you please share this solution with me. I have the same requirement. I could not find the solution in the discussions below.

Thanks!

You can also look at the card with states custom visual

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/PBI_CV_7B952816_A48F_49B4_9E13_15E3BB2C0337

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Capture1.JPG 

My requirement is to show something like this table. CARD visual or other custom visual info does not work for this case.

This is possible. You will have to use URLs as the measure/column values, and then select the corresponding measure/column and then go to modelling tab -> Data categor -> Image URL.

Once this is done, if you add the corresponding column/measure to a table, it will display the linked image.

VidaLi
Frequent Visitor

Hi Sean,

i am having the similar issue. I am trying to display image as the values of the image. however, after applying the settings you mentioned, it doesn't work for the values, it only works for the row header..... Do you know how come it doesn't work for the values in a matrix?

thanks,

Vida

Hi Sen,

I am looking for this, can you please let me know if you find any solution for this.

Regards,

Naga.

Hi Naga,

what i found is that you have to use 'TABLE' instead of 'MATRIX' to make the image work. in your dataset, you should have a column containing the HTML of the images you want to apply. 

Thanks,

Vida

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Mi2n  @PowerBIGuy1's image is actually a matrix and the images will have to go into the Values!

Can you show us how to do this - without creating an Image Column for each Day of the Week and using a table?

Oops! My bad. I misunderstood the question. Smiley Embarassed

Phil_Seamark
Employee
Employee

Probably the closest is the fantastic info-graphic custom visual which you can download from here

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/InfographicDesigner1461802846252

I recommend you download the sample as well so you can follow the useful hints.

To learn more about DAX visit : aka.ms/practicalDAX

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.