Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

mattkarriker
Helper I
Helper I

Images Stored in Power BI Work Group OneDrive Folder

Good Day Forum

After much debate about where to store images for Power BI I am taking a leap of faith that Microsoft products will work together better than a 3rd party solution.  With that in mind I created folders in the OneDrive workgroup folder Power BI creates.  My logic is that anyone with access to the workgroup will also have access to the images in OneDrive.  

With that being said, how in the world can I get the images from OneDrive folder to appear in Power BI?  I have copied the links from the images into my database, set the Field type as Image URL in Power BI.  All I get is the Broken URL image.  

Articles I have read about hosting images in OneDrive is to grab the embeded link.  My OneDrive menu does not have the option to Embed.  Another artical says embed is not an option for OneDrive for Business but you can memic the functionality by appending text to the end of the copy URL.  Still I could not get this to work.  Other Articels say I have to make the folder public and Share with everyone.  My organization does not allow anonymous access to OneDrive.  Others say copy the Guest Link, which I do not have the option to make a guest link.  

Any guidance this forum can provide is greatly appreciated.  I am stuck and do not know how to get past this trival, yet show stopping issue.  

If there are better solutions than using OneDrive to store images, I am open to those too.  

Thanks in advance for you input.  

Matt

1 REPLY 1
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @mattkarriker,

Based on my understanding, the image stored on OneDrive for business is secure. For other users, they are not able to view image anonymously via Power BI report.

So, you need to share the image to public. Then, you can get the shared link and embed it into Power BI report. Please have a look at this article: Embedding a OneDrive for Business file anonymously.

Besides, if possible, you could store the image on personal OneDrive.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.