Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

IanCockcroft
Post Patron
Post Patron

Image not showing in table

Hi guys, this seems to come up alot, and i have read and tried all the fixes with no joy.

For simplification, I created a table and put the image URL in it.

I have a table and a Simple Image visual.

I put the URL field in both.

the image only appears in the Simple Image Visual only.(elinating access, networking etc issues)

URL.PNG

This is on my desktop.

Im running 64bit December 2021

The lady developng the report can see the images on her desktop. as soon as she publishes they are lost.

any ideas whats going on?

thanks a MIL

ian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @IanCockcroft,

What type of image URL are you working on?

AFAIK, the current power bi visual does not support recognizing the URL that includes any redirect or additional authorizations. (e.g. share link from web drive, custom share link, short link service...)
For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you use the root link that can be located to the image files instead. (e.g. www.xxxx.com/xxxx.png)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

HI @IanCockcroft,

What type of image URL are you working on?

AFAIK, the current power bi visual does not support recognizing the URL that includes any redirect or additional authorizations. (e.g. share link from web drive, custom share link, short link service...)
For this scenario, I'd like to suggest you use the root link that can be located to the image files instead. (e.g. www.xxxx.com/xxxx.png)

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @IanCockcroft 

Are you facing same issue or it was solved?

PijushRoy
Super User
Super User

Hi @IanCockcroft 

Seems problem in URL or URL hosting site.
Can you please check what is URL hosting site and you have the permission to see the image (line sharepoint image, you have access to see it) or can you share one image URL

If solve your requirement, please mark this answer as SOLUTION
If this comment helps you, please LIKE this comment/Kudos

Hi @PijushRoy , same issue. but i did use the GRID visual by MAQ and it works.

Now they trying to export to PDF and  the images are lost.

I am busy builing my own visual.

cheers

Hi @PijushRoy , the image does appear in the simple image visual, so doubt its a URL or network issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.