Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DC7
Frequent Visitor

Image not displaying

Hi All

Only been using Power Bi for a couple of days still very new.

I have added the "simple image" visual to my report and setup my data, see below, there are no filters and my image is not displaying.

Is it because it's on a "local" drive?

Thanks

DC7_0-1625645983932.png

DC7_1-1625646146089.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, @DC7 

Note:

• The image needs to be in one of these file formats: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, or .svg
  • The URL needs to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.

The image needs to be accessible publicly without logging in, and there is a way to check if it is public by opening the address in a privacy mode browser to see if it is accessible.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
DC7
Frequent Visitor

thank you

Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @DC7 ,

Image URL data-type takes inout as a web url with your image.

The path in your case is a local drive location so it won't take it as a url.

Try uploading your images online like in dropbox and bring in the dropbox URLs for your images. Then Power BI will display all images in the column.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

DC7
Frequent Visitor

Does it have to be a web based or cloud based location?  Can it be a server on a internal company network?  Does sharepoint work?

Thanks

Dianna

Hi @DC7 ,

Yes any web url starting with "https:...." should work.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

DC7
Frequent Visitor

Hi Pragati11

Thanks for your reply.  I've setup the dropbox and updated the table and the image is still not displaying.  There are no filters on the report.

The size is 55KB is this an issue?

DC7_1-1625706643248.png

DC7_0-1625706436774.png

DC7_2-1625706825761.png

Thanks

Hi, @DC7 

Note:

• The image needs to be in one of these file formats: .bmp, .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png, or .svg
  • The URL needs to be anonymously accessible, not on a site that requires a sign-in, such as SharePoint. However, if images are hosted on SharePoint or OneDrive, you may be able to get an embed code that points directly to them.

The image needs to be accessible publicly without logging in, and there is a way to check if it is public by opening the address in a privacy mode browser to see if it is accessible.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Zeon Zheng
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.